I am by no means mysophobic; why just the other morning I ate a croissant that a previous patron nibbled and left on our table at a café. But what I cannot abide is the sharing of toiletries between members of a household, even if they are family.
* Oh no! Not in Big Momma’s house! *
Evidently my sister’s recent adoption of my razor is making me Amanda Bynes crazy. I don’t know what’s worse; the fact that I have used something on my face that has at one time or another high thighed my sister or that it seems to be strategically timed with visits from her boyfriend. I guess you could say she’s rubbing it in my face.
* Newman! *
I also got hit on this week by a beautician who took my friendly conversation during a state of undress as a go ahead to rest her hand on my bum for a rather protracted period of time. I didn’t mention it so she gave me a discount. I have subsequently added another job to my career path. It now reads:
1) Get divorced (twice).
2) Become a prostitute.
I had to remove “Be Maggie Smith” because I don’t have the cheekbones.
* Love you. Love everything about you. Thinking about being you for Halloween. *
Anyway without sounding like I have a thing for “damaged goods” or that I’m part of a self-fulfilling child of divorce prophecy where every relationship is doomed to fail. I have come to the realisation that bar one or two people I’ve dated, the rest have all had some serious underlying issues. Issues that I tried my hardest to help them deal with often at my own detriment. Then once they have achieved a state of normalcy they dump me. I don’t want to be the one who brings people up to dateable level. I don’t want to be The Starter Boyfriend because Debra Messing terrifies me.
* Will find nice sensible boyfriend to go out with and not continue to form romantic attachments to any of the following alcoholics, workaholics, commitment-phobics peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional fuckwits, or perverts. *
I don’t really like getting emotional; I don’t think anyone really does unless they’re on The Biggest Loser. It’s just so much easier to laugh and joke than address real issues. That’s why we have ice cream, retail therapy and anonymous blogs. Emotions are gross and I’m an even more unattractive crier than any of the vampires on True Blood.
* This is the first time I’ve ever seen you look ugly, and that makes me kinda happy. *
I have a couple of PostSecret style confessions to make:
1) Sometimes I pour part of my wine into my bath because I think it will make me a youthful alcoholic.
2) If I’m at home alone I’m in one of three outfits.
- Naked with bathrobe.
- Naked with cheese platter.
3) I think cargo pants are the human equivalent of saddlebags. Saddlebags filled with the regret and rage that 35 years olds feel when they’re still living at home with their parents.
4) I skip the first 10 minutes of Disney Pixar’s UP.
5) My mother still cuts my hair.
6) I narrate when I drive because I find it reassuring.
7) I watch Embarrassing Bodies with my family.
8) I once ran over a possum and didn’t stop.
9) I will always tell people if they have lipstick on their snaggletooth.
10) I can’t touch cotton wool balls because they hurt my teeth.
11) I sometimes sit the other way round on the toilet for fun.
12) I only listen to “cool” music on the bus cause I’m worried people can hear through my headphones.
13) Urinals terrify me.
14) I have never kissed a guy while completely sober (except once we’re dating).
15) One of my exes tried to Simba me.
16) I think my cat understands me better than some people.
17) I own a replica of Snape’s wand from Harry Potter.
18) I believe in ghosts.
19) I’ve been cheated on twice.
20) When I was discussing a hypothetical situation where I have children with my friend, my offspring referred to me as “mummy”.
I guess I’m kind of weird…Oh well, I better get back to making my Snapchats into famous portraits and having a heart to heart with my good friend SavvyB (Sauvignon Blanc).
* Everybody loves me, and I intend to keep it that way. *
 Also known as germophobic or spermophobic. No joke. Sperm.
 Adding insult to injury tells she tells me out of the blue that she’s going on a holiday to the Whitsundays with her boyfriend and that I’m single and alone.
 I have never broken up with anyone I have always been the one who is broken up with. Half of which were over coffee in the morning while it’s raining so now I hesitate to combine those three things in any capacity of my life.
 Amongst other memorabilia including the Marauders Map, two Slytherin scarves, a Slytherin Beanie, a Deathly Hallows necklace, several Hogwarts badges and a signed copy of One Day in the Life of Daniel Radcliffe.